Kesem's Core Values:
- We are optimistic.
- We leave a lasting and positive impact.
- We empower others.
- We care deeply about the work we do.
- We are grateful.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement of Beliefs & Principles
Kesem’s mission of supporting children through and beyond a parent’s cancer, and our vision of ensuring that every child impacted by a parent’s cancer is never alone, can only be realized through an ongoing, steadfast commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in every part of our organization.
To that end, Kesem makes the following commitments:
- To continually expand the communities we support and work with - our camper families, volunteers, staff, alumni, and supporters - with attention to engaging underrepresented communities.
- To strive for equity in delivering a transformative, healing, and empowering experience to those communities that recognizes and embraces our differences in race, religion, ability, nationality, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, family structure, cancer stage or type, or socioeconomic status.
- To work to ensure that every member of the Kesem community feels safe, loved, and respected.
Kesem fulfills its commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion through daily efforts in the following areas:
- Hiring and Professional Development
- Camp and Year-Round Programming
- New Program Development
- Program Evaluation
- Chapter Expansion
- Recruitment of camper families, volunteers, board members and supporters
These efforts are vital to Kesem’s continued success and will be pursued with passion and a lasting pledge to continually improve.