TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from you and about you. Here are some examples of the information we may collect:
• Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address. We may also collect your mobile phone number.
• Volunteer Information. We will collect information you include on your volunteer or counselor application. This may include information about your employment or educational history. We may also collect volunteers’ immunization history, financial aid status, and emergency contact information.
• Camper Information. We may collect information from campers, including their name, date of birth, gender, and interests. We may also collect information about campers’ parents, allergies, medication, mental health, health insurance, immunization history, and emergency contact information.
• Parent Information. We may collect information from parents of campers. This may include parents’ name, contact information, cancer treatment status, and digital signature.
• Employment Information. If you apply for a job, we will collect information about your employment history, educational history, and resume. We may also collect information that is specific to the role you are applying for.
• Vendor Information. If you are a vendor or independent contractor, we may collect any information contained in your W9 form.
• Background Information. If you sign up to be a volunteer or counselor, we will collect information about you as part of a background check and criminal history. We may also collect information about you from your referrals.
• Information You Submit. We may collect information when you send us a message through the “Contact Us” page or similar features on our Platform. We may also collect any other information you tell us about yourself.
• Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platform. We may also collect your device identifier, IP address, or mobile operating system.
• Account Information. Certain portions of the Platform allow you to create an account. In connection with that account, we may collect your user name and password.
• Demographic Information. For example, this may include your age, income level, education level, zip code, and whether you are a first-generation college student.
• Donation Information. If you provide a donation, our service provider will collect your payment information.
• Other Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information.
• Directly From You. For example, when you register for an account, subscribe to receive our newsletter and alerts, provide a donation, or submit an inquiry to us. This may also include when you submit a camper or volunteer application, or apply for a job on our Platform.
• Passively. For example, when you visit and navigate our Platform on any device. We may also collect information about users over time and across different websites and devices when you use the Platform. This may also include collecting information when you download or use a mobile application.
• From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from our business partners, including analytics and background check vendors. This may also include information we get from your family and friends, or other referrals.
• By Combining Information. For example, we may combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through our Platform. We may also combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platform.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Examples of how we may use your information include:
• To Run and Improve Our Platform and Organization. We may use your information to make our Platform and organization better. We may also use your information to provide you with information about our organization.
• To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback.
• To Communicate With You. We may communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may also contact you about this Policy or our Platform terms and conditions.
• To Process Your Donations.
• To Send Push Notifications. If you use our mobile apps, we may send you push notifications to provide you with information about conferences or events that you are attending.
• For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about our organization and initiatives. This includes sending you our newsletter and action alerts. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Choices section below.
• For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and all campers, volunteers, and anyone else who uses our products and services. It may also include protecting our Platform.
• As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information in the following ways:
• Internally. We may share your information with affiliated entities.
• With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include companies that send emails on our behalf, process donations, or help us run our Platform.
• With Our Partners. For example, this may include sharing information with our chapter directors or coordinators and camp leadership or counselors.
• With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Organization. For example, if we merge with, are acquired by, or sell part of our organization to another entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control.
• To Comply With the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating a potential fraud.
• For Other Reasons We May Describe to You.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
The Platform where this Policy is located is meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 13, and strive to comply with the provisions of COPPA (The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has provided us with information, please contact us at email@example.com. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this website Policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy on-line here.
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices about how we use your information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific.
You can opt out of receiving our email communications. Note that you will still receive transactional messages from us, including information about your account and responses to your inquiries.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies:
• Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. How you do so depends on the type of tool. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. To control flash cookies, which we may use on certain websites from time to time, you can go here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
Our Do Not Track Policy:
• Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
• Options you select are browser and device specific.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Platform will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. We use reasonable means to safeguard personal information under our control. A user id and a password are needed to access certain areas of our Platform. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Information we maintain may be stored in or outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This Platform is intended for use in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country.
Our Platform may contain links to other third-party sites that are not governed by this Policy. If you click on a link to a third-party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third-party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully. We are not responsible for these third-party sites.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy, or wish to update your information, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 253-736- 3821. You may also write to us at the following address:
Camp Kesem National
10586 West Pico Boulevard, #196
Los Angeles, CA 90064
CHANGES IN POLICY
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Platform. Please check our Platform periodically for updates.